Brand Names Mixture
- Ak Cide Oph Soln (Prednisolone Acetate + Sulfacetamide Sodium)
- Blephamide Oph Ont (Prednisolone Acetate + Sulfacetamide Sodium)
- Blephamide Opht Suspension (Prednisolone Acetate + Sulfacetamide Sodium)
- Canaural (Ear Drops) (Diethanolamine Fusidate + Framycetin Sulfate + Nystatin + Prednisolone)
- Chlorasone (Chloramphenicol + Prednisolone Acetate)
- Delta-Albaplex Tablets (Novobiocin (Novobiocin Sodium) + Prednisolone + Tetracycline Hydrochloride)
- Dioptimyd Ointment (Prednisolone Acetate + Sulfacetamide Sodium)
- Dioptimyd Suspension (Prednisolone Acetate + Sulfacetamide Sodium)
- Liquichlor (Chloramphenicol + Prednisolone + Squalane + Tetracaine)
- Metimyd Oph Sus (Prednisolone Acetate + Sulfacetamide Sodium)
- Optisone (Neomycin + Prednisolone)
- Pred C Tab (Aluminum Hydroxide + Prednisolone + Salicylamide + Vitamin C)
- Prednisize Solution (Camphor + Chlorophenol + Cresyl Acetate + Prednisolone)
- Quiex-Pred Sus (Aminophylline + Guaifenesin + Prednisolone)
- Surolan Drops (Miconazole Nitrate + Polymyxin B Sulfate + Prednisolone Acetate)
- Vanectyl-P Tablets (Prednisolone + Trimeprazine Tartrate)
- Vasocidin Ophthalmic Solution (Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate + Sulfacetamide Sodium)
msds (material safety sheet)
No information avaliable
For the treatment of primary or secondary adrenocortical insufficiency, such as congenital adrenal hyperplasia, thyroiditis. Also used to treat psoriatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, bursitis, acute gouty arthritis and epicondylitis. Also indicated for treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus, pemphigus and acute rhematic carditis. Can be used in the treatment of leukemias, lymphomas, thrombocytopenia purpura and autoimmune hemolytic anemia. Can be used to treat celiac disease, insulin resistance, ulcerative colitis and liver disorders.
Prednisolone is a synthetic glucocorticoid used as antiinflammatory or immunosuppressive agent. Prednisolone is indicated in the treatment of various conditions, including congenital adrenal hyperplasia, psoriatic arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, bullous dermatitis herpetiformis, seasonal or perennial allergic rhinitis, allergic corneal marginal ulcers, symptomatic sarcoidosis, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in adults, leukemias and lymphomas in adults, and ulcerative colitis. Glucocorticoids are adrenocortical steroids and cause profound and varied metabolic effects. In addition, they modify the body's immune responses to diverse stimuli.
Readily absorbed by gastrointestinal tract, peak plasma concentration is reached 1-2 hours after administration.
side effects and Toxicity
LD50=500 mg/kg (oral, rat), short-term side effects include high blood glucose levels and fluid retention. Long term side effects include Cushing's syndrome, weight gain, osteoporosis, glaucoma, type II diabetes and adrenal suppression.
Patients who are on immunosuppressant doses of corticosteroids should be warned to avoid exposure to chickenpox or
measles. Patients should also be advised that if they are exposed, medical advice should be sought without
Humans and other mammals